The 10 Must Have's For Your Food Service Establishment
Every food service establishment has products that are a must for their organization. These items vary from large appliances to small kitchenware accessories. This article points out 10 items that make your restaurant what it is, while underlining products that allow your business to run.
1. Commercial Refrigeration - Commercial refrigeration is essential to every restaurant business. Refrigeration keeps your produce at temperatures which keep your products fresh and tasty. These days commercial refrigeration can be pricey. When purchasing a model make sure the item has a warranty. Commercial refrigeration units generally have a 1 year parts and labor warranty, while warranting the compressor for 5 years. Some popular brands include: Beverage-Air, True MFG, and Universal MFG. Popular commercial refrigeration products are: Stainless-Steel door refrigerators, Glass door refrigerators, Under counter refrigerators, Sandwich prep tables, and Pizza prep tables.
2. Stainless Steel Work Top Tables - Stainless steel work top tables have become increasingly popular in a commercial kitchen. The stainless steel material will last and will prove to be a durable addition to your commercial kitchen. Stainless Steel tables can be used to prep any dish. When purchasing a prep top table be sure to chose a stainless steel model for longevity and durability.
3. Commercial Restaurant Sinks - Commercial restaurant sinks are a "Must Have" in any food service kitchen. These sinks generally come in 1, 2, and 3 compartments. When purchasing a sink go with the stainless steel material model for longevity and durability. Stainless steel is easier to clean and is more durable then all other metals used to manufacture sinks. Sinks are great for employees to wash their hands before and after serving food to keep a clean and safe environment in your kitchen. Sinks are also used to clean dishes.
4. Kitchen Utensils - Kitchen Utensils are an absolute must in all kitchens. Kitchen utensils include: Skimmers, Portion Servers, Spatulas, Whisks, Ladles, and more. Kitchen utensils allow you to make those delicious treats for your guests while keeping a clean and safe environment in your kitchen.
5. Professional Cutlery - Professional cutlery ranges in products depending on what specialty dish your restaurant is serving. Different cutlery products include: Chef's Knives, Seafood Knives, Paring Knives, Boning Knives, Cleavers, Butcher Knives, and Utility Knives. Which ever knife you may use, it is a must for your business to have at least one of these items. Cutting your produce with the right cutlery is important to conclude your dish with a clean, savory taste.
6. Frying Pans - Frying pans, are a must whether you serve traditional, Italian, French, or fusion. A frying pan is an important part of any kitchen. When purchasing a frying pan consider the material. Frying pans come in both aluminum and stainless steel. The stainless steel models may be a little more pricier although, they will prove to be a better investment because they tend to be more durable and will last longer.
7. Stock Pots - Stock Pots, are a must whether you serve traditional, Italian, French, or fusion. A stock pot is an important part of any kitchen. When purchasing a stock pot consider the material. Stock pots come in both aluminum and stainless steel. The stainless steel models may be a little more pricier although, they will prove to be a better investment because they tend to be more durable and will last longer.
8. Measuring Supplies - Weather you are baking your delicious red velvet cakes, or making your special home style macaroni and cheese measuring supplies are a must. Measuring supplies will allow you to hit grandmas recipe right on the nose. Measuring supplies will also give you the ability to track how much of each ingredient is the perfect amount for that special dish you are preparing for your guests. Measuring supplies include: Measuring Cups, Measuring Spoons, and Portion Control Scales.
9. Guest Check Holders - Guest check holders are a elegant way to part with your guests. Guest check holders generally come in a black or brown color, and are usually a fine leather material. When giving your guests their bill, you want them to feel the utmost comfort and the guest check holder does just that. The guest check holder has slots on both sides and is a great place to promote new dishes, new locations, and new coupons for your business.
10. Flatware - Flat ware is a must for all eat in restaurants. Weather it is forks, spoons, or knives you need it for your guests. Stainless-Steel flat ware gives that elegance and ambiance you want for your guests. Winco MFG is a great brand for flatware, it is priced well and is sturdy and durable for longevity.
In Conclusion these 10 items are a must, if you don't have all of these items get them. If you have these items and some of them are out dated it may be a good idea to upgrade to a newer model. Some may say these items are the backbone of their business. How would you refrigerate your produce without a refrigerator? How would you serve soup without spoons? How would you bake that delicious pie without measuring supplies? Be sure to stay organized, clean, and focused. Be one step ahead of your competitors and don't stop doing what you love.